Author Topic: The other side of an ARPG  (Read 2559 times)

Auroness

• Apprentice
  • Watching you
    • View Profile
    • As I Wander
The other side of an ARPG
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »
Never mind. I finally figure out what was going on and how this game is played. Nothing to see here. Everyone move on.   8)

[spoiler]For me, half of the fun of an RPG is creating the story of my character. What are his thoughts and reactions to the the game world events? I do this for my own amusement, and to help me focus on the game and how to react in-character.

In other games I have kept journals for my characters, and in some cases written short stories based on "my" experiences in the game. There are a lot of sites for the stories, blogs and diaries of different games that others can read and enjoy. I know some people are worried about spoilers, but if you have already solved the mission, it can be very interesting to see how another person dealt with it.

I am just curious if anyone else has a blog or has posted discussions of this game and the first mission? I am not going to go looking for them right now, since I am barely started, but in a month or two when I am finished, I'd like to go back and see what other people have done.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:16:39 PM by Auroness »
Mixed in other stuff, you may find bits of my own journey - http://auroness.tumblr.com/

relet

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The other side of an ARPG
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:33:39 AM »
It startled me a bit when they called me "driver". Until then, I had always thought of myself as a technical assistant at least. Not that there is any difference. I guess the only difference would be who is responsible for fetching coffee in the morning.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »
Hey Auroness,

I've found one online site created by a rover driver so far:

Epistles from Epsilon Eridani e FB page

Plus, I am keeping and publishing my own journals (though not in blog form) here (which obviously will contain spoilers). I will be adding new journals as I continue my explorations and research projects. :)
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

parman16

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 12:01:58 AM »
Plus, I am keeping and publishing my own journals (though not in blog form) here (which obviously will contain spoilers). I will be adding new journals as I continue my explorations and research projects. :)

This is awesome! Bumping it from page 6 so that others have a chance of seeing it.

smili

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
Ainia,  I'm bumping your journal of gameplay from 2014 again.  I'm reading it now and it's great for those of us who've played years ago but maybe forgotten elements of the story.  Very fun to read.   You played it in a little bit different order than I did, but it helps bring back the experience.  ;-)

I finished the first pdf you linked.  Is there another one that finishes the story?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:51:45 PM by smili »

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »
Hi smili,

Sorry, I didn't finish my subsequent journals (and now am on a tight deadline!!). I'll post what I can, assuming I finish my mapping project etc. before the servers are put to bed.

Glad you are enjoying my notes!!
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

smili

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 02:16:06 PM »
Hi Ainia,   I was just checking in case they were already done.  Please don't make any special additional effort, especially considering your post was from 4 yrs ago ;-).  The first journal was quite a fun read though.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 07:06:04 PM »
Hi smili,

Just to let you know, my second journal was about 2/3rd done and I'd finished mapping most of Artocos Island. I'm dusting off the cobwebs and we'll see if I can't get things sorted before doomsday. ;D

If the forums survive past this month, then I'll post a link (or more!) here.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 02:00:22 PM »
For now, I've uploaded all my archival photos to a Flickr album here. New photos will be added as time allows (I'm busy with finishing up my zoological studies!).

And the journals will be updated "in a while". If the forums disappear, I'll post links to them in my Flickr album. :)

mini shell dr hex shell mini mass shell 0byt3m1n1 mini shell zero byte mini shell wso shell sadrazam shell b374k Shell Alfa V3.01 Shell Recovery Shell indoXploit Shell k2ll33d Shell r57 shell c99 shell Aerul Shell v4 Priv8