Author Topic: The other side of an ARPG  (Read 1731 times)

Auroness

• Apprentice
  • Watching you
    • View Profile
    • As I Wander
The other side of an ARPG
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »
Never mind. I finally figure out what was going on and how this game is played. Nothing to see here. Everyone move on.   8)

[spoiler]For me, half of the fun of an RPG is creating the story of my character. What are his thoughts and reactions to the the game world events? I do this for my own amusement, and to help me focus on the game and how to react in-character.

In other games I have kept journals for my characters, and in some cases written short stories based on "my" experiences in the game. There are a lot of sites for the stories, blogs and diaries of different games that others can read and enjoy. I know some people are worried about spoilers, but if you have already solved the mission, it can be very interesting to see how another person dealt with it.

I am just curious if anyone else has a blog or has posted discussions of this game and the first mission? I am not going to go looking for them right now, since I am barely started, but in a month or two when I am finished, I'd like to go back and see what other people have done.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:16:39 PM by Auroness »
Mixed in other stuff, you may find bits of my own journey - http://auroness.tumblr.com/

relet

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The other side of an ARPG
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:33:39 AM »
It startled me a bit when they called me "driver". Until then, I had always thought of myself as a technical assistant at least. Not that there is any difference. I guess the only difference would be who is responsible for fetching coffee in the morning.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »
Hey Auroness,

I've found one online site created by a rover driver so far:

Epistles from Epsilon Eridani e FB page

Plus, I am keeping and publishing my own journals (though not in blog form) here (which obviously will contain spoilers). I will be adding new journals as I continue my explorations and research projects. :)
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

parman16

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 12:01:58 AM »
Plus, I am keeping and publishing my own journals (though not in blog form) here (which obviously will contain spoilers). I will be adding new journals as I continue my explorations and research projects. :)

This is awesome! Bumping it from page 6 so that others have a chance of seeing it.