Author Topic: Urgghh!  (Read 1886 times)

jamason56

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Urgghh!
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »
<Read sarcastically and with humour> I just bought this game from Steam and I must tell you I am very frustrated. I've done alright (I suppose if getting just a star for completing the puzzle counts). Time? Moves? No way... I'm up to the fire-spinner level and over 600 moves! I'm only one tile away! I can make any 3 'fire-spitters' light up at any time... but to get the fourth? No way! What happens when I get up to a thousand moves? The scoreboard only has room for three digits! In the old day of plastic thingys (whatever these kind of slide puzzles are called) it was a simple matter to tear the thing apart and move the remaining space to where ever it needed to be. Same thing with a Rubik Cube... simply tear it apart or rearrange the stickers to 'solve' the puzzle. What am I supposed to do with Cogs? I want dearly to be able to reach into my monitor and do the same thing. As I said in the Subject line... 'Urgghh'! ::) John

UPDATE: I was able to solve the Spinner with 370 moves and 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:55:33 AM by jamason56 »

Brendan

• Lead Artist
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
Re: Urgghh!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:54:46 AM »
Hey John, sounds like you're enjoying the game.  ;D  No really, glad you've stuck with it long enough to get as far as you already have.  To be perfectly honest when Rob first introduced me to the game I wasn't much better than you describe (though after working on it for a year I can now knock out a triple gold on End Credits without breaking a sweat, /brag ;)).

If you hadn't seen, Lotharstar posted some good solving strategies in this very forum earlier this month.  I've got a few others that people could probably benefit from as well, if I get a chance maybe I'll write some up tomorrow, maybe turn them into a page on the official site.  We've tossed around the idea of getting some kind of hints in the game itself as well.

--Brendan