Author Topic: COGS force closing  (Read 3452 times)

mpcrsc

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
COGS force closing
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »
I have  COGS installed on an Asus Transformer Prime tablet. All was well with the game for the first few levels. When I got to the "Trike" level, the game went blank while loading the level and a few seconds later, it closed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but no go--the game still closed at the same level.

The game is version 1.0.8, bought from the Google Play Store NOT part of the Humble Bundle.
My tablet's Android version is 4.0.3.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:24:43 PM by mpcrsc »

Apportable

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: COGS force closing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
Hi there,

It sounds like you're having some difficulty with Cogs on your Transformer Prime.  The Transformer Prime has a tendency to start crashing while running apps if it hasn't been rebooted in a while.  Does rebooting help anything?  Have you tried running Cogs with the tablet in Performance mode?  That may help, too.

Side note: are you running stock Android or a custom ROM?  We don't support custom ROMs.

We'll look into this on our end as well.

-Christina at Apportable

mpcrsc

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:23:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have uninstalled it for now but I'll reinstall it and see if the issue rebooting the tablet helps if (when) I have problems with the app. I'll also try running it in Performance Mode too.

I am running the official, stock Android from Asus.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:26:09 PM by mpcrsc »

mpcrsc

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »
It seems that after reinstalling and rebooting the tablet, the app is working well. I will run this particular app in Performance Mode and will reboot if I experience any problems.

Thanks for your help.