Author Topic: Graphical issue  (Read 3927 times)

tEN

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Graphical issue
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:24:31 AM »
After the studio logo comes up, I end up at a jumbled mish-mash of the last few image files I've opened.  My cursor changes, so, theoretically, I can click on things, but I can't see what I'm clicking on.

admin

• Rob
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
Re: Graphical issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
What platform are you on?  Regardless, the best thing to try first is to make sure you have the latest version of the graphics drivers for your hardware.

tEN

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »
I'm on a 10.5.8 Mac, and, according to the Mac update manager, everything is currently up to date.

admin

• Rob
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »
Your Mac may not meet the min specs necessary to play Cogs.  If you have an Intel GMA 950 or earlier graphics card, then you don't have hardware support for the vertex and fragment shaders needed to run Cogs.  If you instead have a newer nVidia or ATI dedicated graphics card, then please send the log file that gets created when Cogs launches to support@lazy8studios.com to help me debug the problem.  You should be able to find the file here:

<your home directory>/Library/Application Support/Cogs/log.txt

tEN

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »
My card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, but I'm not sure whether that's older or newer.

Also, the log file is mostly twenty pages of "OpenGL error 0x0506 at end Mesh::draw."

With that in mind, would you still like it?

admin

• Rob
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »
It's the stuff that happens before it starts saying "OpenGL error 0x0506" that's really useful to me.

A few other folks have reported problems with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.  If you're willing to work together with me to fix the bugs, I can send you custom builds that will have more detailed output to help me track down where the problem is happening.  The first step is to send that log file (all 20 pages is fine... or just the top part of it) to support@lazy8studios.com.

Unfortunately, hardware-specific bugs like this are extremely hard for me to fix without the assistance of volunteers who can test my changes.

tEN

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »
Well, I'd be happy to help with any testing you need me to do.

Log file is away.

The subject line is the graphics card in question.