Author Topic: Distorted sound in Ubuntu  (Read 4235 times)

BlueWolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Distorted sound in Ubuntu
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
Hi - I bought Cogs through the Humble Bundle and was referred to this forum by their support.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 (64 bit) and as soon as I launch Cogs my sound gets awfully distorted. It gets crackled, almost as if my volume is suddenly set to way higher values than my speakers can handle. I checked and everything my volume and everything where still the same. Any other sound (Someone chatting in Pidgin, or other music) that gets produced in the mean time gets the same distortion. The game itself runs fine, no crashes or slowdowns. As soon as I quit the game my sound gets fine again.

I tried to record it, but was only able to do it with my mp3-player in front of my speaker: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/230488/VOC0001.WMA. The sound even froze halfway and looked like it restarted or something. After I quit the game you can hear Pidgin, which sounds fine again.

BlueWolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Distorted sound in Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »
Oh this is awkward. I noticed there was a new installer on the Humble Bundle page, so I reinstalled it using the new installer. And guess what? It's working now! Think they really should notify people of new versions in some kind of way. Anyway, consider this one as fixed! ;D

mini shell dr hex shell mini mass shell 0byt3m1n1 mini shell zero byte mini shell wso shell sadrazam shell b374k Shell Alfa V3.01 Shell Recovery Shell indoXploit Shell k2ll33d Shell r57 shell c99 shell Aerul Shell v4 Priv8