Author Topic: Game is locked  (Read 3445 times)

CEL

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Game is locked
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:18:51 AM »
I bought a copy of Cogs from Direct2Drive on Sunday. As of now I still haven't been able to play it. There are padlocks on all parts of the game where you could play. I find no activation key or a place to input it even if I had one.

The best response from Direct2Drive was the game needed no activation key.

Is there something I am missing to get the game to run? At this point I am very frustrated and close to just asking for a refund and forgetting what looks to be a fun game.

Thanks

admin

• Rob
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
Re: Game is locked
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:58:09 AM »
Hi, CEL -

To unlock various parts of the game, you need to earn a few stars.  For instance, you can't play anything in Challenge Mode until you first finish the corresponding puzzles in Inventor Mode.  That being said, if you're dying to jump ahead to the more difficult puzzles, you can type "unlock" on any screen.

It sounds like part of the problem may be that your progress isn't being saved between play sessions.  Are you accumulating stars that get properly saved when you close and reload Cogs?  If not, then it's possible that the Cogs directory is, for some reason, marked as read-only.

- Rob

mini shell dr hex shell mini mass shell 0byt3m1n1 mini shell zero byte mini shell wso shell sadrazam shell b374k Shell Alfa V3.01 Shell Recovery Shell indoXploit Shell k2ll33d Shell r57 shell c99 shell Aerul Shell v4 Priv8