Author Topic: How many species?  (Read 161808 times)

iamthewaffler

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How many species?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 01:11:30 AM »
[spoiler]
It always sleeps in the same place!  There is a cave, of sorts, or an overhang at least.  I got a 1m shot of it in daylight.
Where?! Which one????
[/spoiler]

jasonpatterson

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:48 AM »
[spoiler] You don't want to go any farther if you want some mystery about the coolest beast on the island.
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
It always sleeps in the same place!  There is a cave, of sorts, or an overhang at least.  I got a 1m shot of it in daylight.
Where?! Which one????
[/spoiler]

Zoom in on the map as far as you can.  Find The Fingers.  To the east of the fingers there are some dark brown/black spots on the ground, then farther east there are purple, and then a set of 4 grey stone rills running mostly north and south.  The first rill (westernmost) is narrow, as are the 3rd and 4th, but the second is unusually wide.  That wide spot is a tall overhang/cave.  If you take a photo of its western side (between the first and second rills) during most of the day it is in shadow.  There is also a dark, dirty area on the ground.  That's the spot.  I can try to get a map screenshot if that isn't clear, but I suspect you'll find it.  Best of luck.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

zarf

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 09:55:38 AM »
I found the last plant, by the way. Still missing one small animal.

jasonpatterson

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 03:56:48 PM »
I found the last plant, by the way. Still missing one small animal.

Congrats!  Out of curiosity, was it [spoiler]bulbmoss?  That one took me a while, and its location in a single isolated valley really got me.[/spoiler]

If you'd like any info about your remaining mystery beast, I'd be happy to share.

kribensa

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 05:51:53 AM »
[spoiler]There are 6 motobionts (including both bristletongue types) and 34 photobionts on Artocos[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Darn - I'm now in the ocean, and have logged only 33 photobionts (missed the Bulb Moss), but I do have 7 motobionts ;-)

If you want to know the 7th - you probably have already seen it - just didn't know it!
[spoiler]The 7th is on the left and right of the first distress image after you have falling into the sea
It is however called an "Unspecified motobiont" once it has been analysed - and even Jane Van Susteren is not sure what it is based on the email I got from her, so maybe a bit of a cheat ;-)[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I would really like to play this through again - this time to spot them all!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:01:02 AM by kribensa »

jasonpatterson

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 07:29:52 AM »
[spoiler]
Very cool, I didn't realize that they had added the ability to tag that image; it wasn't possible originally.  Give it a day or so before you give up hope on finding your last few species.[/spoiler]

kribensa

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »
Ooh..there's more? Cool!!
Thanks Jason!

davidseport

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:45 AM »
I've found 7 motobionts and 34 photobionts.

jiya

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2018, 04:19:19 AM »
I didnít understand the purpose of uploading just a title on this page? What do you mean by it? Try to make the topic more clear to the people so that it easy for them to know the reason for uploading it. photo editing services