Author Topic: Sun / moon calculator?  (Read 2188 times)

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Sun / moon calculator?
« on: April 14, 2016, 03:27:33 AM »
I have done everything in the game now from unfuzzing the map, completing all tasks, documenting all moto- and photobionts (some with some really good close up photos!), and currently keep on rumbling over the island to maybe complete the badge collection by chance (I currently have 10, read somewhere that 15 are available).

So, the next task I set myself is to get a nice sunset/sunrise shot with two full moons setting or rising in the same sky from the top of the highest mountain. Any way I can work out in advance at which time I would be able to take such a shot?

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Sun / moon calculator?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »
Damn clouds. Cut out photo to omit classified information. Will try again the next evening.

https://goo.gl/photos/MDAinUcYZQabn4NP8

Cookiedough

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 04:15:38 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/ihSBmWf.jpg

Not the same as what you are looking for, but I thought it was a nice shot of both moons

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »
Damn clouds. Cut out photo to omit classified information. Will try again the next evening.

https://goo.gl/photos/MDAinUcYZQabn4NP8
Looks like you got a nice shot of a Razorback there too :-)

And regarding the moons, you can see a few lucky shots I managed to get here.
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »
Thanks!

With nothing else to do, I've spent days chasing Razorbacks. I could fill a sticker album already.

I would like to know, has anyone ever captured more than one in a photo?

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
Oh snap! Just logged in at sunset of two full moons rising, and my rover is nowhere near a summit to capture it in one glorious photo!

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 11:42:38 AM »
Thanks!

With nothing else to do, I've spent days chasing Razorbacks. I could fill a sticker album already.

I would like to know, has anyone ever captured more than one in a photo?
They are nocturnal and apparently highly territorial, each having different areas of the island they roam each night. That said, they both seem fond of climbing up Mount Jemison (which I personally like to call Razorback Mountain) at dusk to view their territory. I managed to capture a panorama shot with both of them on different sides of the mountain gazing downward. I'm linking it below (it was marked as "classified" in spite of how nothing was identifiable by the XRI database).

SPOILER: Panorama shot from summit

Since you have a good collection of photos already, I'm assuming you've found their respective sleep spots and have a general sense of their territories. :)
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 11:48:57 AM »
Wow, that shot is a masterpiece!

I think it would be classified because of a) the structure at the bottom left and b) Razorback shots are always classified.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 01:30:42 PM »
In theory yes, however, I had marked all three items for identification by the XRI database and all three came back as "unidentifiable". One of the many mysteries of XRI HQ, I think.  ;)