Author Topic: The story continues?  (Read 8431 times)

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
The story continues?
« on: March 10, 2016, 11:13:19 AM »
almost 10 days after completing the story line, I suddenly get an unauthenticated call with an interesting sound snippet. Does anyone know if there is more to come?

Rob

• XRI
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
Re: The story continues?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:00:38 PM »
We wrote 3 seasons of content for Extrasolar and even started building the next island, but unfortunately, the project ended up being a financial failure (I've only earned back 6% of what it cost to make) and it's been tough finding new players. I ran a Kickstarter to try to fund season 2, but we didn't even get 30% of the way to our goal.

We're still working on iOS and Android apps for Extrasolar season 1, but unless something surprising happens, it's unlikely that seasons 2 and 3 will become a reality.

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »
Thanks Rob for your reply. I had already gathered that from the blog and different forum posts.

That is why is was actually so surprised to get a signal like that after I thought I had played through all story elements.

Cookiedough

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 04:12:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to the app version of the game and hopefully Season 2 and 3 can be made in the future

Surachat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 01:32:53 AM »
I'm also looking for these stories as well.

Debber

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:46:19 AM »
I'm also hoping for a new season. I keep checking back. I think this game was ahead of its time.

One day maybe...

Haugen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »
I think you're spot on. Sometimes, the audience doesn't recognize a great product if it's so out of the norm, even in a good way.

Maggie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 07:09:58 AM »
So, oddly, a visit to the Avatar stuff at Disney (at night when it was glowing) made me itch to explore the Extrasolar planet again.    I wish you could have gotten the funding for the next part of the story. I love this game so much. The planet and how you programmed it to be ever changing is so wonderful.  If I were rich, I would just give you the money to continue. I wish I could! 

pat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 02:05:01 AM »
We wrote 3 seasons of content for Extrasolar and even started building the next island, but unfortunately, the project ended up being a financial failure (I've only earned back 6% of what it cost to make) and it's been tough finding new players. I ran a Kickstarter to try to fund season 2, but we didn't even get 30% of the way to our goal.

We're still working on iOS and Android apps for Extrasolar season 1, but unless something surprising happens, it's unlikely that seasons 2 and 3 will become a reality.

Should have checked this thread before paying for the Pioneer access 2 weeks ago...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:00:34 AM by pat »

Cookiedough

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 11:14:06 AM »

Should have checked this thread before paying for the Pioneer access 2 weeks ago...

Have you tried requesting a refund? I imagine if the game isn't going to be updated that Rob would accept a refund.

Rob

• XRI
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »
True that. If you're unhappy with your purchase and would like a refund, just email me (rob@lazy8studios.com) with a tracking number from your purchase. Extrasolar costs me about $900/month, so unfortunately, I'll be winding it down soon. It's been fun while it lasted :)

- Rob

pat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 06:24:58 AM »
True that. If you're unhappy with your purchase and would like a refund, just email me (rob@lazy8studios.com) with a tracking number from your purchase. Extrasolar costs me about $900/month, so unfortunately, I'll be winding it down soon. It's been fun while it lasted :)

- Rob

Nah that's fine, glad to contribute :) wish I had heard about this game when the Kickstarter was on.

Are there any plans to release the source code or the story written for the unreleased episodes?

Rob

• XRI
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 09:48:03 PM »
Are there any plans to release the source code or the story written for the unreleased episodes?

I'm considering that. The first step is just archiving it (all the messages, videos, PDFs, and a typical playthrough) so that the experiences doesn't entirely disappear from the world. Depending on time, I may also write a postmortem and talk about what we had planned for seasons 2 and 3.

Belamanth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 01:09:55 PM »
Sad to see something so good vanish. I take it that youhave also scrapped the plans for a mobile edition?

I'm considering that. The first step is just archiving it (all the messages, videos, PDFs, and a typical playthrough) so that the experiences doesn't entirely disappear from the world. Depending on time, I may also write a postmortem and talk about what we had planned for seasons 2 and 3.

I would really love to at least read what was going to happen!

parman16

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 11:30:10 PM »
Extrasolar costs me about $900/month, so unfortunately, I'll be winding it down soon.

Is there no way to make it less costly? Deleting old profiles, increasing movement time etc.? It would be a shame to shut this game down completely.

mini shell dr hex shell mini mass shell 0byt3m1n1 mini shell zero byte mini shell wso shell sadrazam shell b374k Shell Alfa V3.01 Shell Recovery Shell indoXploit Shell k2ll33d Shell r57 shell c99 shell Aerul Shell v4 Priv8