Author Topic: FINISHCONDITION doesn't work  (Read 6056 times)

flesk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
FINISHCONDITION doesn't work
« on: November 05, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »
As I have my first level almost done and I didn't found the reason of the problem I'm going to post here the puzzle to request some help. The puzzle code is clear and the puzzle's finishconditions are simple: Just a 'powered' for a gold gear and three 'location'. The game console doesn't show me any problems, the puzzle just doesn't end when the finish conditions are done.

PD: Yes, I have updated the FINISHCONDITIONS counter :Dftp://

notgreat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: FINISHCONDITION doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:39:28 PM »
You have one definite problem:
on your location FINISHCONDITIONs, you need to subtract tile by one- it is a 0-indexed list, meaning the first item is at 0.

Also, for some reason the powered FINISHCONDITION doesn't seem to be working: just replace it with a:

FINISHCONDITION speed {
tile 2
comparison greaterThan 0
}

and it works.

PS: your description for the puzzle is going off the edges of the viewing area for me.

admin

• Rob
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
Hi, Flesk -

Notsogreat is right that your location FinishConditions had tile values that were off by one.  Also, the documentation for the "powered" FinishCondition was wrong.  I just fixed it.  Instead, you should be using the speed FinishCondition.  Try this:

FINISHCONDITIONS 4
FINISHCONDITION location {
  tile        3
  target     13
}
  tile        5
  target      8
}
  tile        6
  target      4
}
FINISHCONDITION speed {
  tile       2
  comparison greaterThan 0.1
}

Also, since the gears on the front turn the gears on the back, you can actually fulfill the intended solution in a way where the "location" conditions aren't satisfied.  This is a perfect example of where you could instead use the "tileName" condition.  You can name a tile with the NAME keyword (which I also just added to the documentation -- oops!).  For you, you could use "NAME tileBackGear".  Then use "FINISHCONDITION tileName" to make sure that the tiles in positions 4, 8 and 13 are all named "tileBackGear."

Thanks for pointing out these bugs in the documentation.  Keep up the great mod work!!

- Rob
    Founder, Lazy 8 Studios

flesk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02:38 AM »
Thanks, I knew that the first tile is 0 in the tile list, it just was my last attempt to make it work. I see it was the powered condition the main problem, now it works. And I have changed the description to 5 words for each line, it should be fine now.

If there aren't more problems this is the final version. The ID is 201.

mini shell dr hex shell mini mass shell 0byt3m1n1 mini shell zero byte mini shell wso shell sadrazam shell b374k Shell Alfa V3.01 Shell Recovery Shell indoXploit Shell k2ll33d Shell r57 shell c99 shell Aerul Shell v4 Priv8