Author Topic: FINISHCONDITION doesn't work  (Read 4778 times)

flesk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
FINISHCONDITION doesn't work
« on: November 05, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »
As I have my first level almost done and I didn't found the reason of the problem I'm going to post here the puzzle to request some help. The puzzle code is clear and the puzzle's finishconditions are simple: Just a 'powered' for a gold gear and three 'location'. The game console doesn't show me any problems, the puzzle just doesn't end when the finish conditions are done.

PD: Yes, I have updated the FINISHCONDITIONS counter :Dftp://

notgreat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: FINISHCONDITION doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:39:28 PM »
You have one definite problem:
on your location FINISHCONDITIONs, you need to subtract tile by one- it is a 0-indexed list, meaning the first item is at 0.

Also, for some reason the powered FINISHCONDITION doesn't seem to be working: just replace it with a:

FINISHCONDITION speed {
tile 2
comparison greaterThan 0
}

and it works.

PS: your description for the puzzle is going off the edges of the viewing area for me.

admin

• Rob
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
Hi, Flesk -

Notsogreat is right that your location FinishConditions had tile values that were off by one.  Also, the documentation for the "powered" FinishCondition was wrong.  I just fixed it.  Instead, you should be using the speed FinishCondition.  Try this:

FINISHCONDITIONS 4
FINISHCONDITION location {
  tile        3
  target     13
}
  tile        5
  target      8
}
  tile        6
  target      4
}
FINISHCONDITION speed {
  tile       2
  comparison greaterThan 0.1
}

Also, since the gears on the front turn the gears on the back, you can actually fulfill the intended solution in a way where the "location" conditions aren't satisfied.  This is a perfect example of where you could instead use the "tileName" condition.  You can name a tile with the NAME keyword (which I also just added to the documentation -- oops!).  For you, you could use "NAME tileBackGear".  Then use "FINISHCONDITION tileName" to make sure that the tiles in positions 4, 8 and 13 are all named "tileBackGear."

Thanks for pointing out these bugs in the documentation.  Keep up the great mod work!!

- Rob
    Founder, Lazy 8 Studios

flesk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02:38 AM »
Thanks, I knew that the first tile is 0 in the tile list, it just was my last attempt to make it work. I see it was the powered condition the main problem, now it works. And I have changed the description to 5 words for each line, it should be fine now.

If there aren't more problems this is the final version. The ID is 201.