Author Topic: Season 2 Kickstarter is NOW LIVE.  (Read 6704 times)

Brendan

• Lead Artist
  • Administrator
  • Widgeteer
    • View Profile
Season 2 Kickstarter is NOW LIVE.
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:48:08 AM »

This is it folks.  If you'd like to play Season 2, now is the time to make it happen!

Please feel free to forward all of your friends this finely crafted link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lazy8/extrasolar-season-2-be-a-part-of-the-story

Thank you all for supporting us this far!

DemosMirak

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2 Kickstarter is NOW LIVE.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »
Would that I could  :'(. But as European without a creditcard, I really don't have a lot options if it comes to kickstarter. I did just send you guys about that Paypal case-by-case for Pioneer status, hope I can help that way.

kmscouts

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:18:51 AM »
Added my donation.  Hope you reach your target and we see the second season.

KathAveara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:23:47 AM »
Donated too!

Also, you might wanna check out the Kickspy page for the Kickstarter. Their trend prediction is generally very good.

zarf

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »
(WARNING: pessimism in this post.)

So what now? Projections are not looking good on the KS effort.

Your project updates on the KS page come off as... tone-deaf to the situation, I guess. Talking about your awesome technology and goals is great for keeping up momentum, but there is no momentum here.

My gut feeling is that it's better to withdraw the project in good order and talk about what you're doing next, especially if you plan to re-run it on Kickstarter. Running the clock out is not exciting.

(Of course, it may be that whatever comes next is being negotiated and you can't talk about it yet. I get this. I will act the mouthy player nonetheless. :)

BigDaddyXD

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 12:28:28 AM »
I've bought the XRI-Pioneer level from inside the game. I think others may have done so too.
And i hope this money also floats into the development of the coming seasons... ;)

KathAveara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »
Unfortunately, if the Kickstarter does not recieve the full amount they need by the end of the 30-day period, none of the money pledged will go to the devs.

darth_biomech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:21 AM »
I am seriously afraid to ask that question, but... Since KS campaing has failed, does that mean that season 2 is scrapped, or that it is simply delayed?

Cookiedough

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 05:29:09 PM »
I am seriously afraid to ask that question, but... Since KS campaing has failed, does that mean that season 2 is scrapped, or that it is simply delayed?

Delayed most likely. I don't see this scrapping season 2. The comments on the kickstarter page for instance:

Creator Lazy 8 Studios on October 3
JP, it depends on how close we get to the goal. If we can't raise the money with a Kickstarter, we may consider private investment or other options.

So its possible that season 2 will come, they will just have a more tedious time getting it up and running without the kickstarter, which means it wont come out for a while longer. Even if they do decide to scrap it, that's fine. I put $25 down on season 1 and I think it was well worth the investment and it has been a pleasure playing this game and I look forward to more from this developer.

mweine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 04:02:17 AM »
Maybe there should be another Kickstarter. As more people play season one, there may be more interest and funding for season 2.

zarf

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 12:32:44 PM »

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 06:11:03 AM »
Hmm, although it reads like a serious post, it *was* posted on April 1st...  :o

Rob, can you confirm please??
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

Rob

• XRI
  • Administrator
  • Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »
The blog post is true. Extrasolar has only recovered 6% of what I invested to build it and the game economy is really rough right now. An amazing opportunity came up to work on virtual reality at Google, so I seized it. As I explained in the blog post (http://robjagnow.com/2015/leaving-games), I'm still working on Extrasolar on nights and weekends and our talented programmer Keith is also still contributing, but production will be slowing down. Our top priority is a native mobile app, which -- who knows -- may draw in the audience we need to fund season 2.

As you point out, I should really know better than to make a major announcement on April Fool's Day. I should have learned that when I worked on the Potato Sack for the launch of Portal 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_Sack).

I just finished my first week at Google and I'm happy to say that I'm confident that I'll be able to bring you some super awesome stuff that I would never be able to do on my own. Can't wait to share!

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 07:13:35 AM »
In that case, many hearty congratulations to you!!  ;D

I hope to hear more about things at Google alongside the Extrasolar news. And I do hope Brendan is well in the meanwhile.  :)
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

DreamWalker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »
That's amazing I would love to continue in the story, it's so exciting