Author Topic: ok, I give up  (Read 3152 times)

t-readyroc

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
ok, I give up
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:41:09 AM »
82 days, ~5800 meters traveled, 139 photos, 191 tags.....  AND I CAN'T FIND [spoiler]TURING'S ROVER[/spoiler]!!!

I've been over every inch of this dang island!  The task was assigned to me months ago!  I've been on both sides of the [spoiler]fingers & the arc[/spoiler], & taken photos all around that area!  I've been down both of the nearby peninsulas!  I'm at my wit's end, & ready to completely give up.  Is [spoiler]his rover really moving around that quickly[/spoiler] ?????

DinaAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ok, I give up
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:39:57 AM »
just look on map for the name of the arc, its there on map. the arc is pre marked since its a special spot.
and btw hes stationary
[spoiler]its on left side of the island[/spoiler]

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 06:20:14 AM »
Hmm, my experience has been that Turing's rover does indeed move about (randomly?) at the arch locale. Sometimes, it seems to move incrementally, sometimes more dramatically. I've tried following it around a few times and still haven't figured out what Turing is up to. :)

I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble finding the rover t-readyroc. If you
[spoiler]watch the arch area on the ocean side, [/spoiler]
you *should* spot it eventually.
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

AlanD

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
Be assured that it is there.  If you are playing without panoramic view it will be harder to find, but if that is the case. by now you should have developed some search techniques to compensate.

You have a photo from the target of your search showing its point of view of a unique landmark.  Using that for reference, there is a small general area that it can be in.  Station yourself to one side and shoot towards that location.  You should see it, perhaps at a distance, after only one or two tries.  You may need to get a bit closer to make a successful tag, so aim to get just close enough, not right on top of it, as it *will* move a bit in the intervening hour, or four hours if you're still on the initial limits. 

t-readyroc

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:50:03 AM »
Just to let you all know, I did finally find it.  Ainia, yes, I did know generally where it was located, but I guess I just had my camera pointed in the wrong spot every previous time   ::)

[spoiler]Here's my photo/search pattern[/spoiler].  & yes, I did go all the way to the end of each of the peninsulas.  Bleh.

Rob

• XRI
  • Administrator
  • Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »
I just pushed a change to the servers that will make it a little easier to find Turing's rover. Basically, it will pop into view if you get close enough. That being said, you should be able to use the direction markers on the panorama from Turing's blog to triangulate quite precisely where you'll find his rover.

parman16

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 11:14:40 PM »
I just pushed a change to the servers that will make it a little easier to find Turing's rover. Basically, it will pop into view if you get close enough. That being said, you should be able to use the direction markers on the panorama from Turing's blog to triangulate quite precisely where you'll find his rover.

[spoiler]The blog post is sent to the player for the first time in the message "Landmarks". The blogpost itself says that "he'll likely stay in the region for several days". So when you get the message "exoleaks and turing's rover", it's reasonable to expect he won't be in that exact spot anymore, especially if it takes the player some time to get to that location. I also searched the whole area before triangulating the exact position. That being said, after triangulating the spot it's easy enough to find the rover.[/spoiler]