Author Topic: Can't finish one mission  (Read 6091 times)

Nebu2k

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Can't finish one mission
« on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:06 AM »
Hi,

I searched the complete Island and finished all missions beside [spoiler]Tag gordy tree in various life stages[/spoiler]
I'm not able to find the [spoiler]Juvenile Gordy Tree[/spoiler] Can someone help me?

kage23

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Can't finish one mission
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 12:35:49 PM »
Hmm, that one took me a while, too. I didn't even realize it when I eventually [spoiler]tagged a juvenile gordy tree; I thought I was just tagging a regular (though small?) adult one.[/spoiler]

Sorry, I guess this comment isn't really much help, other than to say to keep looking and you'll get it eventually.

frank_stallone

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »
I never found a [spoiler]deceased tree[/spoiler] either, and I just finished the main story. I'm not super thrilled with that, it really put a damper on my enjoyment of the game, and definitely not looking forward to the long trek inland in the post-game.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »
Greetings Nebu2k,

The adult and elderly/deceased Gordy Trees are pretty easy to recognize, I think. When I was hunting for the young specimens, I was expecting to find a newly-sprouted, sapling-like version. However, it turns out that

[spoiler]Juvenile Gordy Trees look more like slender adult Gordy Trees[/spoiler]

Hope this helps!
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

frank_stallone

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
I finally found a dead one and, you're right, that was definitely easy to recognize, but I spent the past several days driving around and only found that one.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:32:02 AM by frank_stallone »

Auroness

• Apprentice
  • Watching you
    • View Profile
    • As I Wander
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 04:18:29 AM »
There may be more than one. The one I found doesn't look exactly like the previous one. Mine seems to be a little more upright, but it could be positioning.
[spoiler]https://extrasolar.com/photo/30o6BI7W58xuFrELj514iN[/spoiler]

I'd help hunt one down for you, but I'm currently looking for a certain adorable little critter that I can't find during the day.
Mixed in other stuff, you may find bits of my own journey - http://auroness.tumblr.com/

K

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »
I found one on [spoiler]what they were calling the central plateau, in between the three obelisks. Slightly southeast of the central point between those three.[/spoiler] It looked like [spoiler]a smallish Gordy tree that hadn't unfurled its arms yet. [/spoiler] 

basis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
hi all,

rather than post a new thread, i hope to ask my question in this thread.

[spoiler]i've been trying to find the juvenile Gordy Tree for ages! could I get a more specific hint as to where I can find them. I've been trying the main plateau but with no success.[/spoiler]

thanks so much in advance.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »
Hi basis,

I wound up finding one accidentally. :)

[spoiler=Specifically...]They look the same as the adult Gordy trees except they are skinnier[/spoiler]
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics.

DreamWalker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 09:34:52 AM »
I finished all missions, the last email I recieved are: What now?, Unbelievable and Unauthorized Call. But I can't find deceased Gordy tree anywhere.

Ainia

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • All Things Uru
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 07:58:26 AM »
Hi DreamWalker,

I'm not sure why you are having trouble here since there are a number of them scattered around the island and they look fairly dead. Here is a photo to give you an idea what to look for:

https://extrasolar.com/photo/3hD2vHCdkMiAWSZd1AB7DD

You'll need to scroll around since it's a 360 photo. The colors are reddish since it's at sunset; in daylight, dead Gordy Trees look white and are visibly deteriorating (sagging, cracks, that sort of thing).

The best photo I have of one in daylight is classified, so I can't link here, but it's near the first GPS unit (hence the classification). Actually, it's hard to take a photo of one without also getting the other, so you might want to check your own records of the GPS unit and see if you already captured a dead Gordy Tree there. ;)

DreamWalker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 09:10:58 AM »
Hi DreamWalker,

I'm not sure why you are having trouble here since there are a number of them scattered around the island and they look fairly dead. Here is a photo to give you an idea what to look for:

https://extrasolar.com/photo/3hD2vHCdkMiAWSZd1AB7DD

You'll need to scroll around since it's a 360 photo. The colors are reddish since it's at sunset; in daylight, dead Gordy Trees look white and are visibly deteriorating (sagging, cracks, that sort of thing).

The best photo I have of one in daylight is classified, so I can't link here, but it's near the first GPS unit (hence the classification). Actually, it's hard to take a photo of one without also getting the other, so you might want to check your own records of the GPS unit and see if you already captured a dead Gordy Tree there. ;)

Great photo, thank you for your information :)