it's working!!! thank you so much!
Good news everyone!
I found a solution which (for me on OSX 10.6.7) starts the game!
Basically: CHMOD 777 on the Cogs application and all sub-folders.
For those of you who don't know what that means, here's a n00b explanation
- Open finder, go to the 'Applications' folder.
- Right-click or CTRL + click on the Cogs application. Select 'Show package contents'.
- In the finder window that pops up, you see a folder named 'Contents'. Right-click it, and click 'Get Info'.
- At the bottom of the file info window, set all rights to 'Read and Write'. (If you can't click there, first click the lock at the bottom right and enter your password to unlock these options.)
- At the bottom left, click the button with the gear icon and select 'Apply to enclosed items'.
- Close the windows that are left open, you're done!